Imagine Explore Execute

miscellaneous parcels

|


"Surprise bag" inspired birthday presents with personalized items inside



I visited a local craft fair last Sunday, It was fantastic! After taking in all the beautiful and creative things people are making I just realized I have to get into the crafter business! Iv actually been considering creating my own shop for some time now and Iv been playing around with the name "miscellaneous". Kind of to represent the eclectic range of things I like to make and it has a sort of handmade and independent feel. Iv been playing with this idea in my head a while but I didn't really have an good idea for the first product - but today I think I found it.

I often make my friends and family personalized presents for birthdays and holidays and I was thinking how can I replicate that type of gift for retail without losing that uniqueness? Well, I came up with the idea of finding and collecting different odds and ends and matching them with symbolic meanings that the customer can pick and choose from ( bottle cap = remember that time you spilled soda all over your self? ) The customer would choose a few personalized unique items and I would wrap them up in a unique little package ready to go.

I was inspired by those surprise bags you get as kids and I want the product to have the same sort of feel... something about the hidden element give the items more value. I think a huge part of this will be figuring out how and where to find the right items and the packeting which will up perceived value.


My goals are:
Research surprise bags and another similar products or competition
Search and price "cute" and "eclectic" items that can easily translate in a number of ways
Come up with a way to inscribe or give personalized meaning to each of the items
Design cost effective but unique packaging

0 comments:

Post a Comment