Imagine Explore Execute

Dictionary Redesign

|

Idea: Re-design dictionary.com using elements inspired by the emotional thesaurus


At work we all take turns blogging, when my turn rolls around I usually choose to do something a bit different because writing articles just isn't my strength. This week I decided it would be fun to redesign a popular website like facebook or twitter so I started looking for some sites that could use a little freshening up and I came across dictionary.com.

The site sparked my interest for a three reasons:
One - There current site is pretty busy and over crowded with information making it a great candidate for redesign.

Two - It's a pretty popular site and will be easily recognized if I choose to redesign it.

and Three - I recently came across the emotional thesaurus a really unique dictionary tool that gives you emotional definitions (Which is unfortunately just a prototype at the moment) I really really like this idea and would love to play with this in the design!

So for this week because I'm finishing up the zodiac wheel design over the weekend (Last week was a right off because my laptop battery kicked the bucket) I thought I could kill two birds with one stone and merge this project BB.

0 comments:

Post a Comment